Donate to Deseret Industries
Thank you for supporting Deseret Industries! Your donations of gently used items contribute to our job-training program for people in the community, and we couldn’t do it without you.
Donation Appointment Update
Donation appointments are no longer required at any of our locations. We’re excited to return to unscheduled donation drop-offs! Here are a few things to keep in mind as you donate:
- Donation hours may fluctuate as we adjust. Check your store location page for the most current donation hours.
- Donation centers may close early if they fill up or become overwhelmed with donations.
- To avoid waiting in long donation lines, consider donating at non-peak times, such as mornings or weekdays rather than weekends.
- To help accelerate the donation process for everyone, please organize your donations before arriving at the store, and pack your donations in boxes, bags, or containers that you don’t need returned.
- Please donate when the center is open. Leaving donations when the center is closed is illegal.
General Donation Guidelines
Your quality donations make it all possible! We particularly welcome donations of the following types:
- Home furnishings
- Kitchen goods
- Seasonal decorations
- Small appliances
- Sports equipment
- Flat Screen TVs
Items We Can't Accept
Unfortunately, there are some items we are unable to accept. Please dispose of any unsafe or unusable items by other appropriate means. These items include:
- Food and drugs
Food includes any item that is eaten.
Drugs include any item used as a medication.
Examples: fresh, packaged, or canned foods; food storage; drinks; candy; alcoholic beverages; tobacco; prescription drugs; and over-the-counter medication
- Wet or mildewy items
Examples: wet or mildewy clothing, shoes, domestic household items, upholstery, mattresses, and box springs
- Items prohibited by federal, state, or local laws
At times, local, state, or federal law may prohibit accepting certain items.
Examples: Chemicals, flammables, and other hazardous products
- Large appliances and some electronics
Examples: stoves, refrigerators, freezers, dishwashers, washing machines, dryers, watercoolers, water heaters, air conditioners, trash compactors, CRT TVs, CRT computer monitors, and rear-projection TVs
Firearms, including handguns, rifles, and shotguns
- Mattresses and box springs
Your donations enable us to:
- Fund the training of thousands of individuals.
- Sell items at low prices to the community.
- Provide items to community partners and other charities.
- Provide humanitarian assistance worldwide.
- Provide volunteer opportunities for others.