We’re hiring store associates. Work with us for up to 28 hours a week, and receive training and support to prepare for a career in a field that interests you.
To apply, contact your nearest Deseret Industries store.
Need new skills, experience, or simply some direction? Having a hard time finding or keeping a job? If you’re struggling with employment for any reason, Deseret Industries can help.
When you work at Deseret Industries, it isn’t just about a “job”—it’s about setting goals, acquiring skills, and jump-starting your career. Deseret Industries is a training program—we provide you with the support you need to find meaningful, long-term employment in a field that interests you. Our associates have become CNAs, realtors, machinists, commercial truck drivers, phlebotomists, teachers, and more.
The job training program at DI is just that—an opportunity to gain new skills and embark on a new path. Typically, our associates work up to 28 hours and are enrolled in our program for 6 to 12 months while training. Then they use their new skills, certifications, and education to move on to a new career!
Deseret Industries is a great place to train. Here are some of the benefits to working with us. While enrolled in our program, you can:
1. Earn a wage while receiving training. Those enrolled in our job program work at our stores and are paid for their labor.
2. Meet with a development counselor to set goals and define your career path. Our development counselors are certified professionals who can help you overcome challenges and make plans for your future.
3. Gain confidence and valuable job skills in a safe place. Whether you’re collecting donations, processing items, or cashiering, Deseret Industries is a safe place for you to learn, grow, and try new things. Our job coaches will work with you each day to help you find success.
4. Get additional education and certifications. Deseret Industries helps pay for some education, such as classes at technical or trade schools.
5. Receive on-the-job experience by working in our stores or participating in a business partnership. In a business partnership, Deseret Industries arranges for you to work at an outside company while we pay your wages. This internship-like opportunity allows you to get practical experience in your field of interest.
6. Be part of a team that cares about you. When you work at Deseret Industries, you have development counselors, job coach trainers, store staff, and fellow associates who are rooting for you and working to help you succeed.
Anyone over 16 can work with us and be part of our job training program. Contact your nearest Deseret Industries store to learn more and apply.
Watch Erica’s and Cami’s videos below to learn about being an associate.
Additional employment opportunities exist at Deseret Manufacturing, which is a great option for those who are interested in developing skills in product assembly, manufacturing, and distribution.
*If you’re interested in working with us as a full-time staff member, visit churchofjesuschrist.org/church/employment to find current job listings. As a full-time staff member, you can help people in your community gain skills and build new lives.