Take your donations to your local DI during donation hours. Don't forget to get your donation receipt.
We welcome donations such as:
Flat Screen Televisions
**We encourage that donations be washed, ironed, mended, or repaired to be ready to serve the needs of others
We cannot accept the following items:
Food and Drugs
- Food includes any item that is eaten
- Drugs include any item used as a medication
- Examples: Fresh, packaged, or canned foods; food storage; drinks; candy; alcoholic beverages; tobacco, prescription drugs; and over-the-counter medication
Items prohibited by federal, state, or local laws
- At times, local, state, or federal law may prohibit accepting certain items.
- Example: Used mattresses and box springs (California only)
Chemicals, flammables, and other hazardous products
- Cleaning products, paint, fertilizers, and pesticides
- Items that can explode or are toxic
- containers under pressure
- Examples: Cleaning products, liquid paint, pesticides, lubricants, fuels, propane tanks, aerosols, fire extinguishers, oxygen tanks, biohazard waste, fireworks, gasoline, propane, motor oil, and antifreeze
Tires and batteries
- Firearms, including handguns, rifles, and shotguns
Wet or mildewed items
- Examples: Wet or mildewed clothing, shoes, domestics, upholstery, mattresses, and box springs
Large appliances and electronics
- Examples: Stoves, refrigerators, freezers, dishwashers, washing machines, dryers, water coolers, water heaters, air conditioners, trash compacters, CRT TVs, CRT computer monitors, and rear-projection TVs
Titled or registered items
- Any item that would need to be titled or registered through a motor vehicle agency
- Examples: automobiles, motor homes, motorboats, campers, motorcycles, and trailers
Garbage and unusable items
- Broken items that pose a hazard to handlers
- Tables, stools, or chairs with broken or missing legs that make them unstable
- scraps or other waste that would normally be recycled or disposed of as household trash or construction waste
- Examples: metal scraps, cardboard boxes, green waste, and general household trash
*In addition to the items above, individual state regulations may prohibit accepting certain items not included on this list. Please dispose of unsafe or unusable items by other appropriate means.
How to Donate
Donations are accepted year-round Monday through Saturday. Donations are not accepted on Sunday.
You may take donations to your local Deseret Industries during donation hours. Donation receipts may be obtained at the time of your donation.
Other Ways to Donate
You can also take your donations to one of our convenient container locations. Call the store nearest you for locations. Pick up requests are not available in most locations. Contact your local D.I. if this service is required. More than a Thrift Store deseretindustries.org Thank you for your generous donations. Your donations bless thousands of lives each year. See DeseretIndustries.org for more information.
Thank you for your generous donations. Your donations bless thousands of lives each year.